Umarex Hammer .510 caliber air rifle with 2 shot magazine
Before you purchase this rifle, be aware and prepared for the following:
- The hammer is very hungry, 4500 psi fill with 3000 psi behind each shot gives you a maximum of 3 shots. you will use approx 500 psi per shot. if you fill to 3500 psi you will get 1 shot, 4000 you get 2 shots. so you don't need to fill to the maximum pressure, you just have to have a realistic expectation of how many shots you can get and figure out what fill device will work best for your needs. ask us about booster pumps.
- The .510 caliber ammo it uses is larger than .50 caliber. You must purchase .510 ammo for the hammer.
- Loud... not backyard friendly. Plan for an appropriate location for using the Hammer.
- Once you use it, it is yours to keep or resell, used product can't be returned, used product is covered by the manufactures warranty. "I don't like it" or "It's to loud" and other excused are not reasons to return a product.
Able to sling three regulated .510 caliber shots per fill, the Hammer utilizes Umarex’s patent-pending Lightspeed™ valve created specifically to deliver jaw-dropping power. Crafted to throw 550 grain, .510 caliber slugs downrange at 760fps for an unheard of 700 FPE, and a 250gr slug at 1,000 fps—the Hammer has more than enough power to knock down even the largest game. Powered by a huge 4,500 psi carbon fiber cylinder that is regulated to 3,000 psi allows for 3 consistent, full-powered regulated shots with the ability for a powerful fourth follow-up shot.
Once you fire your first shot, move on to the next by operating the straight-pull bolt to index the 2-round magazine. The bolt’s low 2-lb cocking effort makes taking a fast follow-up shot shockingly easy. Each Hammer includes two magazines to keep the shots coming. For added protection, the Hammer employs a three-step safety system that includes a manual trigger safety, hammer-block, and a magazine lockout that prevents the gun from being fired without the magazine inserted.
The stock was crafted in collaboration with PolyOne Corp., renowned as experts in the field of specialized polymer products and resulted in a rough-and-ready all-weather stock built to support this rifle’s powerful shots. Each stock includes a rear sling stud and three M-LOK slots in the forearm for adding accessories. The Magpul AR grip contours to the hand, and can be switched out for other AR grips. When choosing your optics you will have a lot of options with the long 8.5” Weaver/Picatinny rail that rests right above its fully-moderated barrel. This barrel is reported to be able to put its first three shots within an inch at 50 yards!
Umarex SLA - Solid Lead Ammo - .510/.50 cal., 350 grain (20 ct.) 2218148
Umarex SLA - Solid Lead Ammo - .510 cal., 350 grain (20 ct.)
- .510 cal
- 350 grains
Made for the Umarex Hammer .510 (so called .50 cal)
will also work in other .510 caliber air guns like the AirForce Texan, and Hatsan Piledriver.
NEAG Hand Casted Slugs by Lane
Slugs are designed to provide the maximum mass and impact on your target. They shoot best out of "UN-CHOKED" rifled barrels from airguns guns designed for shooting slugs.
Some people are having some limited success shooting slugs out of "Pellet Guns" with choked barrels. slugs can get stuck inside barrels when you don't have enough power to push them thru, they might not have the accuracy expected because the airgun was designed to shoot pellets not slugs.
slugs may also need to be "sized" to a slightly smaller diameter by the end user. It is up to you to know your barrel inner diameter and what finished size you need your slug to be. While a slug may fit and fire just fine as it is purchased, Sizing can improve fit and accuracy. If a slug is too tight in your barrel and to much force is needed to get it in your barrel, this is your sign that you need to size your slugs smaller for your application.
- .30 68 gr 50 ct
- .357 Hollow Point 153 gr 50 ct
- .45 232 gr 50 ct
- .50 220 gr 50 ct